In keeping with the reputation and mission of The Salvation Army as a caring organization, we provide a range of social services. We care for people at their crisis point. As much as our resources allow, we help with food, clothing and other emergency assistance. We work to restore hope and dignity to those who come to us for help.
- Emergency Social Assistance is offered on an individual and case-by-case basis. Help with essential needs such as food and clothing are always available. Other requests will be considered.
- Hymn Sing & Community Lunch is hosted on Thursdays at 12 pm. Hymn Sing is followed by a free hot meal to anyone. This program provides for the physical and spiritual needs.
- Free Eye Glasses are available by our referral through LensCrafters Vision Care Program with a valid prescription.
- Holiday Camp is for kids aged 7 to 12 to enjoy a fun-filled and educational summer holiday at our Camp Sunrise on Sunshine Coast.
- Christmas Dinner is organized for the less fortunate families in our community annually. A full turkey dinner is cooked and served by volunteers.
- Winter Clothing is distributed in December to those in need. We work with different agencies to collect and distribute coats, mittens and blankets.
- Christmas Hamperse & Toys put smiles on kids and help low-income families celebrate Christmas without feeling left out during this holiday season.
Please call for more information or other services.
Address: 8280 Gilbert Road, Richmond, B.C., V7C 3W7